[Vacatures] DPG Media is looking for a Backend Developer
DPG Media is directly looking for a:
Working on the backend for a new product (web and app) from scratch which is going to bring the most relevant news to millions of people. For this, you will set up an interface with a recommendation team and build the general back-end of this new product.
What will you be doing
In this job as a backend developer, you will interact with the frontenders in your team and a separate recommendation team. Together, you will shape the design of the product, with a focus on performance. You will help develop this product in an environment that keeps reinventing itself and puts the user/reader first. Naturally, you make sure it works seamlessly and is user friendly, so everyone can access his or her news.
- Together with the frontenders, you will design the app where you’ll be responsible for coding, testing and deploying and you will look for highly performant system.
- You guide the recommendation team through your requirements.
- You align with the other DPG Media product teams to shape our IT handbook.
About the team
You will become part of a new team. As this team has yet to be created, you are at the start of something new. With this comes the opportunity to contribute to deciding the most efficient way to complete the roadmap. The aim is to work together with a team of mobile, backend and frontend developers, accompanied by UX designers.
- An experience-based salary.
- 36-hour workweek.
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance).
- A percentage of profit shares.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- 24 paid holiday days.
- Location in Amsterdam.
- Fully paid functional technical training.
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack.
Who are you
You are an experienced Java developer, proficient with Java 8 or higher. You are familiar with database technologies (relational as well as document based), preferably RDS, MongoDB, ElasticSearch. REST, Maven, Spring, Hibernate hold no secrets to you. We also expect of you:
- CI/CD knowledge: Maven/Gradle, Bitbucket pipelines, Docker, ECS, Fargate.
- Familiarity with DDD, the SOLID principles and Clean Code. TDD/BDD are a second nature to you and you’ve at least heard of Clean Architecture (a.k.a ports and adapters).
- To be passionate about development, always focusing on quality.
- To be team oriented – going for victory together.
Are you going to be our new colleague?