[Vacatures] DPG Media is looking for a Frontend Developer
DPG Media is directly looking for a:
In this role as a frontend developer you will help create the best experiences for delivering news, media and entertainment to millions of users.
What you will be doing
You will build web frontend features for our platform while always striving for the best code quality and applying security measures. You will also work closely with the Product Owner, our (UX) designers and business stakeholders. Your main tasks are:
- You build it, you run it: designing, coding, testing, deploying, implementing new features and doing day-to-day operations of all our websites
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the system to make it more robust, scalable and work fluently.
- Share knowledge with our other web frontend developers and together make sure our platform grows and moves in the right direction
About the team
Our Selectives team creates the best experiences for our premium news brands: De Volkskrant, Trouw, Het Parool, De Morgen and HUMO. We are building and running a white-label platform for multiple DPG Media brands for web, mobile and tablets. Our team builds and runs the platform front-to-back (DevOps) with back-end, front-end, web- and app-developers. We don't have "bug"-teams, so 'You build it, You Run it!'.
- a salary matching your experience
- a one-year contract
- 36-hour workweek
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance)
- a percentage of profit shares
- 24 paid holiday days
- location in Amsterdam
- the opportunity to work with the latest tech stack
Who you are
For this position, we expect a level of maturity rather than years of experience. Naturally asking questions and proactively giving suggestions to see where you can add value. We’re looking for someone who likes taking initiative with a collaborative attitude. Also you have:
- solid experience with React, NodeJS, Npm/Yarn, HTML5 & (S)CSS, Webpack and GIT/Bitbucket,
- some experience with Typescript and (automated) testing,
- worked in an Agile (LESS) environment and have some experience with Test Driven Development would be nice.
- It would be a plus if you have worked with AWS or React Native.