[Vacatures] DPG Media is looking for a QA Engineer News Apps
DPG Media is directly looking for a:
QA Engineer News Apps
“Quality above all” that is your priority as a QA engineer. You have a key role in our app development team making sure we only ship quality apps to the stores.
On a daily basis our content reaches millions of users, making DPG Media the biggest media house of The Netherlands and Belgium. We have built a white-label platform for web and app which serves our 2 biggest national news brands AD and HLN, as well as 8 regional brands in the Netherlands and Belgium.
What you will be doing
You are not only a quality gatekeeper for our app team but you are involved from the start of our development process to measure and improve the quality of our digital products. You test the apps in various ways and anticipate the issues that might arise. Naturally, you work with the developers to have it fixed. Your main responsibilities are:
- continuously building, running and maintaining our test automation suite, also testing manually when needed.
- deep diving into the code and figuring out where it goes wrong.
- challenge and work with our developers to optimise our workflow and improve the quality of our products.
About the team
You will be part of an agile app development team which consists of 8 people from different nationalities. We speak English to communicate with each other. You will be based in our Rotterdam office close to our editorial staff and other digital teams that work on this platform. Currently we all work from home.
- An experience-based salary.
- 36-hour workweek.
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance).
- A percentage of profit shares.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- 24 paid holiday days.
- Office location close to Rotterdam Central Station.
- Fully paid functional technical training.
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack.
Who are you
As a successful QA Engineer you have a positive and solution-oriented approach. You are a team player that easily connects with team members and stakeholders. You actively acquire information from stakeholders, rather than relying on written specifications. Also, you work with a QA mindset by making quality control a whole team approach rather than doing all the testing by yourself. We also expect of you:
- a love for mobile devices! You keep yourself informed on all things iOS and Android related.
- experience in working in a continuous delivery environment with a high focus on automation.
- experience with Cucumber, Selenium and/or Appium testing frameworks.
- basic AWS skills, CI/CD experience.