[Vacancy] Initiative is looking for a Director, Strategy (BDPA)
Initiative is directly looking for a:
Director, Strategy (BDPA)
NIKE Inc. is the world's leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Founded by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight in 1972, Nike has grown over the last 50 years into one of the most valuable, most loved and most emulated brands in the world, singular in its ability to create cultural conversation within the world of sports and fashion and far beyond.
Nike's mission is to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world; a mission expressed every day through product design, digital and physical retail consumer experiences, and brand communications.
Initiative is Nike's and Jordan brands newly-appointed media agency of record for EMEA, responsible for strategy, integrated media planning and activation, measurement, and data & technology services across 34 countries.
Partnering with Nike is an extraordinary opportunity requiring extraordinary talent. Our vision is to build the best integrated team connecting brand and performance to deliver best in class outcomes. The Nike Initiative EMEA team will be a highly diverse team, attracting the sharpest emerging and established media experts across all disciplines in the industry. With the chance to grow and do great work people all over the region will see, admire, and respond to.
*If you have a body, you are an athlete.
As a Strategy Director, you will:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset – devise and lead on strategies that drive continuous growth and expansion to keep Nike leading in the category. Experience in working with aggressive growth targets and market expansion.
- Audience Expertise - identify new audiences to continue membership growth based on key brand moments and product campaigns. In addition, craft narratives that demonstrate deep knowledge of these audiences and can give guidance to all partners for optimised campaign planning.
- Playbook Development - key producer of media playbooks that house the instruction for audience and channels against a brief and can be distributed to the local markets for adaptation and use.
- Operationally Minded - experience of working in a geo-to-local way and the ability to ensure strategies are adopted at a local level and executed in line with the strategic platform. This will require regular communication and leadership of local teams, and the creation of systems that ensure local excellence.
- Powerful Insight - Honed ability to find and articulate human insight that become instructive to the strategy and surfaces new opportunities for reaching target audiences.
- Creative - Ability to think like a creative and apply innovative thought to a media plan that results in award winning and effective work.
- Performance & Brand - Understand the connection between what may have traditionally been seen as brand and/or performance and that modern marketing plans require a seamless integration of the two.
- Articulate Communication - the skill of making the complex simple; knowing how to take complicated or large topics and translate them into meaningful, understandable concepts that have immediate and relevant implications.
- Experience in GWI, YouGov, TGI is an advantage as this role will require regular and advanced use of them.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You can demonstrate recent experience in global/regional blue-chip client or alternatively local strategy role in key category experience (sports/entertainment/fashion brands)
- You have significant media or creative industry experience
- You are a high energy individual who can flex both client demands with high level strategic output
- You have a thorough understanding of high-level marketing strategies from both a digital and offline perspective
- You have passion, creativity and high level problem-solving skills with a strong understanding of data
- You are a confident communicator who’s comfortable managing multiple senior stakeholders and working within a large client organization
- You have excellent time management & presentation skills
Initiative is different to other media agencies. We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients. We are the world’s fastest growing media agency built upon the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic proposition is the belief that the faster a brand can move through culture the more relevant it can become. We call this Cultural Velocity ™. Our process is designed to create ideas that move through culture through unique insight, market leading analytics and strategic media brilliance. Our new world model is comprised of “craft centers” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design, Partnership and Culture, Insights & Analytics. At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.