[Vacancy] Initiative is looking for an Associate Director, Comms Design
Initiative is directly looking for an:
Associate Director, Comms Design
NIKE Inc. is the world's leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Founded by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight in 1972, Nike has grown over the last 50 years into one of the most valuable, most loved and most emulated brands in the world, singular in its ability to create cultural conversation within the world of sports and fashion and far beyond.
Nike's mission is to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world; a mission expressed every day through product design, digital and physical retail consumer experiences, and brand communications.
Initiative is Nike's and Jordan brands newly-appointed media agency of record for EMEA, responsible for strategy, integrated media planning and activation, measurement, and data & technology services across 34 countries.
Partnering with Nike is an extraordinary opportunity requiring extraordinary talent. Our vision is to build the best integrated team connecting brand and performance to deliver best in class outcomes. The Nike Initiative EMEA team will be a highly diverse team, attracting the sharpest emerging and established media experts across all disciplines in the industry. With the chance to grow and do great work people all over the region will see, admire, and respond to.
*If you have a body, you are an athlete.
As Associate Director, Comms Design you will:
For the Client
- Be responsible for the development of the detailed communications plan to power the idea
- Together with Director, Communications Design present the Connections Design approach to the relevant stakeholders
- Manage the outputs of day-to-day requirements and workflow of the client as it relates to Communications Design
- Be responsible for presentation of client education program around Communications Design relevant marketplace trends
- Responsible for the management and training of design team in communications planning fundamentals
- Take responsibility for the best practice application of planning approach including key tools and techniques to surface media and marketing intelligence and insights to produce an impactful, culturally rich communications plan across owned, earned, shared, paid (OESP) - throughout the funnel
- Write and manage outputs from RFP submissions from the Design discipline, in collaboration with Partnerships leads
- Collaborate with territory Communications Design leads on key city activations
- Take ownership and responsibility for all channel media flowcharts/schedules
- Contribute to client Key Performance Indicator (KPI) delivery
- Contribute to Specialty Business Units (SBU) growth and client profitability
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have significant experience in an integrated planning role in media, publisher/vendor or communications discipline (digital, content)
- You can demonstrate category or audience experience as relevant per assignment
- You are a confident manager able to delegate to, oversee and develop direct reports
- You have a proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- You can evidence excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills are a must
- You have a proven problem-solving ability
- You work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
Initiative is different to other media agencies. We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.
We are the world’s fastest growing media agency built upon the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic proposition is the belief that the faster a brand can move through culture the more relevant it can become. We call this Cultural Velocity ™. Our process is designed to create ideas that move through culture through unique insight, market leading analytics and strategic media brilliance. Our new world model is comprised of “craft centers” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design, Partnership and Culture, Insights & Analytics. At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need any adjustments to ensure our recruitment process is fully accessible to you, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this job? Apply here.