[Vacancy] ViacomCBS is looking for a Programming Manager MTV
ViacomCBS is directly looking for a:
Programming Manager MTV
Why ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA?
ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA is comprised of many of the world’s most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Paramount+, Pluto TV, ViacomCBS International Studios, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, BET, Game One and J One, and the cluster spans Africa, Asia, Middle East and all European countries except UK & Ireland. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners across more than 140 countries. ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA brands are seen in more than 340 million households, via 200+ channels in more than 40 languages.
We are home to global brands that connect across all platforms. It starts on screens of all sizes, and it doesn’t stop there. We connect with audiences in the real world through live experiences, huge events, books, toys, games, apps and so much more, giving them ways to engage whenever and wherever they want.
VCN EMEAA embraces diversity; we are committed to create an environment of inclusion and mutual respect for all candidates and employees. With Diversity and Inclusion at the forefront of all we do, we are proud to be a mirror of the cultures and countries where we operate, Diversity & Inclusion are a key pillar for us to develop our employees, grow our business and contribute to society.
For our Programming department of pan-regional channels (including Nick Jr. Global, Nickelodeon Global and NickToons Global as well as MTV Global) in Amsterdam we are recruiting, initially limited to 12 months: Programming Manager MTV.
Just the right job for you:
- Executing short and medium term content programming across our multi-language MTV global channels. Adapting the strategy based on the performance of the channels.
- Closely cooperating with the Head of department and Project Manager on new channels’ launches and merges of the channels into the current feeds. Making sure that programming grid services needs and requirements of the existing and new takers of the channel(s).
- Maintaining local blocks for specific regions on global feeds.
- Collaborating with the Media Planning department to ensure promo messaging around new international and regional shows/seasons is well communicated.
- Providing programming information and support to marketing, consumer products, press and sales departments across the world.
- Working with the language localisation team to ensure that content is fully available in all required languages in a timely manner.
- Being responsible for schedule preparation within What’s On, including break structures and episodic planning and publishing EPG information.
- Overseeing daily schedule logs: daily reviews, providing feedback for optimal content and promo placement for performance and flow. Maintaining strong working relationship with Channel Operations team.
- Financial tasks: including PO raising and working with HOD to support budget planning.
That´s why we want you:
- Bachelor's degree in media, planning, economics, business or public administration, or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience required
- At least 3 years previous content / media programming experience
- Distinct affinity to target group and ideally some knowledge of youth content market in Europe
- Understanding of new television and content landscape
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent customer service skills including ability to manage customer expectations (brand managers)
- Ability to work under pressure with continuous ability to reprioritize, applying media thinking and “best practice” knowledge to all areas of program planning with minimal guidance
- Strong detail and deadline orientation combined with great time management skills
- Written and spoken fluency in English and a second language from Europe is preferred.
Does this role fit your profile and interest? Please let us know! The selection process will be ongoing - meaning the job ad may be removed as soon as the interview phase is initiated. Apply for this job here.